Skip to Content

Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I can do as a U.S. Representative is help people with issues they’re having with federal agencies. Although I cannot override decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person’s behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. 

If you are in need of immediate assistance, or if you would like to schedule an in-person appointment with a staff member, you can call my District Office closest to you.


Please read the following before submitting a request:

  • If your request concerns a state or local government issue, you should contact the appropriate jurisdiction. To find your state legislators, click hereThe Governor of Virginia’s office may also be able to assist you with state issues.
  • Please be aware that my office cannot legally get involved with pending litigation, including questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, child custody issues, deportation proceedings, or civil lawsuits. My office cannot overturn or in any way influence a court’s decision. We cannot provide legal advice or recommend an attorney.
  • Your request can be submitted by clicking the button below. Once you have submitted your request, you will receive a confirmation email that your request was submitted. If you do not receive this email within the hour, please contact my office. 


Below are the topics that my office receives the most questions about from Constituents. You can visit my Frequently Asked Questions page or click the links below as they may provide you with answers to basic questions as well as information on available resources.

Social Security
State Department – Passport Service/Traveling Abroad
State Department – Non Immigrant Visas
Department of Education & Financial Aid for Students
Veterans Affairs
Security Clearances
Emergency Assistance (Temporary financial aid, food assistance, housing assistance, medical and mental health treatment)
Identity Theft

Other important links: is the official U.S. gateway to all government information.

The federal government’s official website for federal jobs and employment information (from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management). “Career One Stop” is a U.S. Department of Labor-sponsored website that offers career resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals.
One-stop access to consumer information and assistance from the federal government, coordinated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Covers product recalls, fraudulent practices, and buying tips.

Disaster Assistance from FEMA
Information from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

Federal Grants
Learn more about federal grants and loans for states and organizations.