Through a combination of meetings, discussions, and delegation visits, the Caucus seeks to:
- Raise awareness of shipbuilding issues within Congress & the Public
- Provide a forum for Members of Congress to discuss shipbuilding issues which are important to their districts
- Define the requirement of the Navy and Coast Guard-what is the number and mix of ships required?
- Promote adequate budgets and funding of naval ships to meet warfare requirements.
- Promote the U.S. build and manufacture of ships and their components.
- Facilitate a dialogue between industry, Congress, and the Sea Services on the future of the domestic shipbuilding industry.