This week, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released guidance on the COVID-19 Telehealth Program. The COVID-19 Telehealth Program will help eligible health care providers purchase telecommunications, broadband connectivity, and applicable devices necessary for providing telehealth services.
The program provides selected applicants with full funding for these eligible telehealth services and devices. To participate, eligible health care providers should submit a streamlined application to the FCC, and the FCC will award these funds to the selected applicants on a rolling basis until the $200 million is exhausted or until the coronavirus is over.
The recent guidance describes how health care providers can prepare to file an application for COVID-19 Telehealth Program funding. The FCC will begin accepting applications for the COVID-19 Telehealth Program on Monday the 13th at noon. The online application portal will be located at https://www.fcc.gov/covid19telehealth. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Questions specific to the application process should be directed to EmergencyTelehealthSupport@fcc.gov.
I encourage interested First District health care providers to complete several steps to apply for funding through the COVID-19 Telehealth Program. There are three steps interested providers can take immediately to prepare to apply for the COVID-19 Telehealth Program:
- obtain an eligibility determination from the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC); and
- Interested health care providers that do not already have an eligibility determination may obtain one by filing an FCC Form 460 (Eligibility and Registration Form) with USAC. To access the FCC Form 460, Click Here.
- obtain an FCC Registration Number (FRN); and
- All applicants, like all other entities doing business with the Commission, must register for an FRN in the Commission Registration System (CORES). An FRN is a 10-digit number that is assigned to a business or individual registering with the FCC. This unique FRN is used to identify the registrant’s business dealings with the FCC. To register with CORES, Click Here.
- register with System for Award Management.
- To receive payments through the COVID-19 Telehealth Program, applicants must be registered with the federal System for Award Management. To register with the system, Click Here.
If an interested party does not already have these steps and accompanying components completed, the FCC recommends that it gather the necessary information and begin to complete other necessary steps now, so it is prepared to submit applications for program funding as soon as applications can be accepted for filing.
For more information click here for the full issued guidance and here for the application, which will be live on April 13, 2020.
My staff and I remain ready and willing to assist you through this process should you need any assistance.